BIOS IT Blog
Solutions to reduce time and total cost of discovery in genomics
Experience new levels of AI speed and scale with our broad range of AI and Deep Learning solutions. Take on the world’s most complex challenges with our scalable, accelerated solutions and expertise. Our range of optimised solutions for life sciences combines disruptive hardware and software technologies to help drive meaningful industry transformation, to advance researchers’ time to results while reducing the Total Cost of Discovery (TCD). These revolutionary solutions are ideal for precision medicine, microbiology, clinical research,genomics and beyond, accelerating life sciences and healthcare discoveries across the board.
Ingest data from hundreds of medical instruments simultaneously. The Gene Genie is an end-to-end ecosystem for Artificial Intelligence (AI) advancement in the healthcare industry, it’s up to 30x faster secondary analysis of genomics and MIC workflows. Gene Genie will reduce the time and cost of genomics and medical imaging analysis by transforming monolithic CPU based pipelines to run on the highly parallel architecture of GPUs. We created a purpose-built Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) environment to run your powerful genomics and medical imaging algorithms through a single management interface.
- Up to 30x faster secondary analysis of genomics and MIC workflows.
- Gene Genie meets your demanding data storage needs with a fast, scalable and highly redundant data repository.
- Reduces time and cost of genomics and medical imaging analysis by transforming monolithic CPU based pipelines to run on the highly parallel architecture of GPUs.
BIOS IT in partnership with vScaler Ltd., can deliver end-to-end cloud services. This collaboration features an appliance for an on-premise private cloud that is optimised for HPC applications. vScaler enables users to spin up a deep learning environment with all the appropriate DL frameworks installed and ready for use. These frameworks are also accelerated using the world’s fastest GPUs, purpose-built to dramatically reduce training time for Deep Learning and Machine Learning algorithms and AI simulations.
- vScaler simplifies data centre infrastructure by integrating server and storage resources into a turnkey appliance that is deployed in as little as 15 minutes from racking.
- vScaler enables agile development teams to quickly deploy scalable, production-ready private cloud environments.
- The vScaler cloud platform is powered by OpenStack; a leading open source IaaS provider, which powers many of the world’s most notable science and research organisations.
NVIDIA DGX RANGE
AI and deep learning can require a substantial commitment in software engineering. This investment that could delay your project by months as you integrate a complex stack of components and software including frameworks, libraries, and drivers. Once deployed, additional time and resources are continually needed as you wait for the ever-evolving open-source software to stabilise. NVIDIA’s enterprise-grade support and software engineering expertise are behind every DGX-1. This software stack is built on years of R&D, innovation, and deep learning expertise, and maintained by monthly optimised framework releases.
- Up to three times faster training speed than other GPU-based systems.
- NVIDIA® DGX-1™ fast-tracks your AI initiative with a solution that works right out of the box so that you can gain insights in hours instead of months.
- NVIDIA DGX-1 removes the burden of continually optimising your deep learning software and delivers a ready-to-use.
Increasingly complex AI demands unprecedented levels of compute. NVIDIA® DGX-2™ is the world’s first 2 petaFLOPS system, packing the power of 16 of the world’s most advanced GPUs, accelerating the newest deep learning model types that were previously untrainable. With groundbreaking GPU scale, you can train models 4X bigger on a single node. If your AI platform is critical to your business, you need one designed with reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) in mind. DGX-2 is enterprise-grade, built for rigorous round-the-clock AI operations, and is purpose-built for RAS to reduce unplanned downtime, streamline serviceability, and maintain operation continuity.
- NVIDIA® DGX-2™ is the world’s first 2 petaFLOPS system, packing the power of 16 of the world’s most advanced GPUs.
- DGX-2 delivers a ready-to-go solution that offers the fastest path to scaling-up AI.
- DGX-2 that delivers 2.4TB/s of bisection bandwidth for a 24X increase over prior generations.
NVIDIA DGX STATION
NVIDIA® DGX Station™ delivers incredible deep learning and analytics performance, designed for the office and whisper-quiet with only 1/10th the noise of other workstations. Data scientists and AI researchers can instantly boost their productivity with a workstation that includes access to optimised deep learning software and runs popular analytics software. DGX Station brings the incredible performance of an AI supercomputer in a workstation form factor that takes advantage of innovative engineering and a water-cooled system that runs whisper-quiet.
- 72X the performance for deep learning training, compared with CPU-based servers.
- 5X increase in bandwidth compared to PCIe with NVIDIA NVLink technology.
- 100X in speed-up on large data set analysis, compared with a 20 node Spark server cluster.
FESTIVAL OF GENOMICS 2020
Join us at the Festival of Genomics in London on January 29th and 30th, where we will be showcasing our optimised solutions for the healthcare industry.
The Festival of Genomics is a unique experience – a crossroads for the entire genomics ecosystem to discover, meet, learn, have fun and celebrate. It is the largest genomics event in the UK and the fastest growing genomics event in the world.
Be sure to register on the Festival of Genomics website.
Not what you're looking for? Check out our archives for more content